Friday, June 22, 2007

Racist

Today I read an email that got me thinking about racism. It is still there whether we like to admit it or not. You see it when you go to the mall from the shopkeepers who follow you around to make sure you don't steal anything(u are black after all and 'black people steal').
When you drive a flashy, the police just assume that you stole it. But racism doesn't only come from white people, we are also gulity of it(yep bodarkie).

If one of you starts dating a white person, you have issues with it...'they are sleeping with the enemy'(so to speak). We are gulity of a whole of a lot of things that we accuse them of.

The truth is many of us are still stuck in the past...I'm not saying we should forget our history but my point is; if we don't learn from our past we are doomed to repeat it.

1 comment:

Afrikan said...

I am a racist; I say that because, almost everyone who is not of my race and even those of my race thinks I'm inferior. I believe everyone is an image of God. And I believe my Afrikan people can do better. I think for me and those who are more or less my age, we are all racists.

I do not feed my sister racist thoughts, because I believe her generation have a chance in reconciliation. As much as I believe that we are all racists, let's stop the cycle. Let's not feed those who are coming after us this poisonous racism agenda.