Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Smile through a thousand tears

I can't even begin to describe the pain I felt when I heard of my brother's death, something inside of me died that day. My heart has never known such pain, I thought I had gone through it all, that I knew what pain was....boy was I wrong.

Nothing could have prepared me for this, not even seeing him sick. It was still a shock. My brother was too young to die, there was so much for him to do and see. I feel robbed.

Now, life moves on. I'm expected to pick up the pieces and just go on with my life. To remember the good memories and just accept that he's gone forever. I can't, I don't know how to. Everything reminds me of him, home is not the same. The house just feels empty without the sound of his voice and his weird laugh. I wake up, go to work, smile and say I'm ok when all I really want to do is break down and cry.

I miss him so much, I really do pray that he's in a better place...

No comments: